Overall Project Construction Progress
Fall 2021 – Preliminary construction will begin.
- Install storm sewer crossing on Sylvan Dr. South at Gilmer Rd.
- Sylvan Dr. South will be closed at Gilmer Rd with detour route in place.
- Local traffic can access Sylvan Dr South from Midlothian Rd.
- Scheduled 11/1/21 thru 11/14/21.
- Pave temporary asphalt along existing pavement on north/east side of Gilmer Rd and south/east side of Midlothian Rd.
- Utility Companies will continue relocation of their facilities to accommodate the proposed improvements.
Winter 2021 – 2022
- Install temporary traffic signal at intersection of Gilmer Rd & Midlothian Rd to replace the existing traffic signal during construction.
- Move traffic onto the temporary asphalt pavement and begin reconstruction of the roadway on the south/west side of Gilmer Rd and north/west side of Midlothian Rd.
Anticipated completion Spring 2023.
Check back for future scheduling updates!